When & why VAT Agent in Bangladesh is a Compulsory Requirement?
A non-resident entity, who carries out business in Bangladesh but does not have a fixed place of business, shall have to appoint a VAT Agent in Bangladesh as per the Value Added Tax and Supplementary Duty Act, 2012 and The Value Added Tax and Supplementary Duty Rules, 2016 effective from 1st July 2017. The VAT Agent will be the person empowered to perform functions on behalf of the Business entity.
The VAT agent will be the person empowered to perform functions on behalf of the non-resident with the VAT authorities.
How VAT Agent Shall Operate in Bangladesh?
The VAT Agent has to obtain a VAT Agent certificate on behalf of the non-resident which is usually valid for 3 years. The certificate can be renewed through an application before the expiry of the said certificate.
After nomination of the VAT agent of the non-resident shall have to inform the National Board of revenue of such nomination and the National Board of Revenue shall contact the VAT agent for obtaining his consent thereof.
Such VAT Agent of a non-resident shall bear all responsibilities and carry out all activities of the non-resident, and shall be jointly and severally liable for the payment of all dues including taxes, fines, penalties, and interests that may be imposed.
Nevertheless, the VAT registration of the economic activities by a VAT Agent shall be in the name of the principal.
Our VAT Agent Services in Bangladesh
We at BDLC Legal and Associates Bangladesh Legal Consulting Firm are a body of professionals comprised of Chartered Accountants registered with Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh, Cost and Management Accountants registered with Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh and lawyers registered with Bangladesh Bar Council.
Our professionals have the requisite qualifications to act as the VAT agents of the non-resident entity in Bangladesh, having the requisite experience to deal with VAT authorities with regards to VAT return submission, obtaining VAT exemption, input/output tax credit, VAT Audit, VAT registration.
For further queries please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
BDLC Associates Services:
- Company Formation
- Society Registration
- Partnership Registration
- RJSC Return Filing
- Loan Consultancy
- Import License (IRC)
- Export License (ERC)
- BSTI Permission
- Trade License
- One Person Company
- Corporate Tax
- Individual Tax
- TIN Registration
- Tax Compliance
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- VAT Agent
- BIN Registration
- Bankruptcy Legal Service
- Defamation or Business reputation protection
- International Arbitration and Litigation
- Criminal Litigation
- Litigation and arbitration
- Employment and Labor law
- Expat Immigration
Transactions and Financing:
- Banking, financial law and capital markets
- Intellectual Property TMT
- Real estate, construction and Environment
- Mergers Acquisitions and Corporate and commercial
- Project finance and public-private partnerships
- Insurance law and claims settlement
- IT, media and telecommunications
- Maritime transport
- Pharmaceutical Law and Health
- Power and Energy industry
- Entity Formation
- Incorporate a private limited company
- Incorporate a Public Limited Company
- Incorporate Joint Venture company
- Branch Office Registration
- eligibility for Foreign Loan
- Registration of Liaison Office
- Register Factories & Establishments
- Licenses for Doing Business
- Trade License
- Import Registration Certificate
- Fire License
- VAT Registration Certificate
- obtain Export Registration Certificate
- Administrative Law and Lawmaking
- Antitrust & Antidumping
- International Trade and Customs
- Interaction with regulatory authorities
- Privatization, public procurement and state property
- Conveyance/Sale Deed
- Deed of Heba
- Special Power of Attorney
- Irrevocable Power of Attorney
- Cancellation Power of Attorney
- General Power of Attorney
- Baina Deed
- Partition-Instrument/ Deed of Partition
- Deed of Partnership
- Baya Deed
- Land Mutation
- Rajuk Mutation
- City Corporation Mutation
Gulfesha Plaza (Agura Building) Suite#N-4(4th floor), Moghbazar Mor, 69 Outer Circular Rd, Dhaka 1217